Citric acid is a weak acid that occurs naturally in abundance in lemon. It is useful for lowering the pH in creams and lotions and for making household products or effervescent bath products.
Precautions for use:
• Handling: gloves and protective glasses strongly recommended.
• Fine dust can irritate the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
• In solution in water: low pH (1.3) in solution (40%), so may cause chemical burns.
• Avoid contact with: aluminum, zinc, copper.
• Compatible with: stainless steel, HDPE plastic
• Harmless gas release in aqueous mixture with a basic ingredient (baking soda).
Use: Bath bombs, sparkling bath salts. Its acidic pH makes it a good antibacterial, antifungal and descaling agent in household products.
Storage: Protect from moisture, out of the reach of children.